Here’s what you need to know about Urban Outfitters’ decision yesterday to build a new e-commerce fulfillment center across the road from their existing Brackbill Road in Gap:
- Urban Outfitters has 1,400 stores in the United States and Europe including the Anthropologie, Free People and Urban Outfitters chains.
- UO paid $9.04 Million, or $175,000 per acre, for the 52 acre Salisbury Township site.
- Ground breaking for the new site is expected around November 1, 2013.
- The 1.2 million sq ft distribution facility includes a 200,000 sq ft mezzanine and is five times larger that the company’s existing Gap facility.
- Construction cost are projected at $105 million, roughly $10 per square foot higher than the national average for distribution center construction.
- The site is expected to support 500 new jobs when it opens in the summer of 2015, a number that could grow to 1,500 depending on demand.
For more information on Lt. Gov. Jim Cawley announcement yesterday in Philadelphia click here.