For 7 years the Octorara Football Booster Club has provided a program that allows students in the Octorara Area School District to play football in one of the most competitive districts in the state. Our mission has always been to provide our players the best opportunity to compete and to build character traits that they will carry with them through life.
In these 7 years, the program has expanded to develop 3 teams: a 7th & 8th grade team, Junior Varsity team, and Varsity team. In the first 4 years of the program, the booster club raised funds to provide for all aspects of the program including insurance, equipment, transportation, coaching expenses, and much more. The school has now taken on responsibilities for ransportation, coaches, and referee fees for the Varsity and Junior Varsity teams. The 7&8th grade team is still fully funded by the boosters because there is currently no funding in the district for middle school sports.
In 2012 the booster club took on the challenge to provide the same opportunities at the youth level and created the Octorara Youth Football Program. This program has created 3 new teams for 8-12 year-old boys, as well as cheerleading opportunities for 7–12 year-old girls.
The Octorara Football Booster Club has also been involved in a community-wide initiative to help raise money for major upgrades to the school’s varsity field. For 2013, this will include a new field surface that makes the field usable for all fall sports. Please support Octorara Football and help them find a permanent home within the Octorara Area School District.
Golf Outing Details
Date & Time: Friday May 17, 2013, 1:00PM
Where: Donations and sponsorships Moccasin Run Golf Course
Lunch and refreshments – Upon registration, lunch will be provided by Musser’s Market family-owned grocery store in Quarryville. It’ll be self-served in the clubhouse before taking the course.
Dinner – After the golf round, dinner will be catered by Nick’s Chicks. You will enjoy their famous barbecue chicken, pulled pork, and a variety of sides.
Prizes and contests
- $300 – 1st place | $200 – 2nd place | $100 – 3rd place
- Men and women’s closest to the pin and longest drive contests
- Chip for a gift card
- Hole-in-one wins a Volvo (provided by Stadel Volvo)
- Chance to win many raffle prizes during our dinner
- Following the dinner, 5 lucky golfers will have the opportunity to shoot for $100,000 cash in a hole-in-one event that will close out our tournament.
There are many ways in which you, or your company, can be involved — from golf fees only, to hole sponsorships, to gift cards for our chipping contests.
- Gold Sponsorship – $700 -One complimentary foursome, company banner displayed attournament registration, and one premium hole sign (1, 9, or 18). This price also covers green fees, cart range balls, beverages onthe course, lunch and dinner. Each team member will also receive a complimentary mulligan, Octorara towel and ball, and a free chance to chip for a gift card.
- Silver Sponsorship – $400 One complimentary foursome and one hole sign. This covers green fees, cart range balls, beverages on the course, lunch and dinner.
- Team Only Fee – $360 This covers green fees, cart range balls, beverages on the course, lunch and dinner.
- Hole Sponsor – $100 One hole sign
- Gift Card Donation -This is an opportunity for local companies to donate a gift card(in the amount you choose) for our chipping contest. This creates a fun addition to the tournament while giving local companies an opportunity to market themselves and bring in new or returning customers.
Registration form below: